Monday, January 19, 2009

Who Stole my Jesus revisited.

Last May I wrote: http://view-from-the-pew.blogspot.com/2008/06/who-stole-my-jesus-part-1.html. Which basically is a spin off of a book I read. My Jesus was stolen from me.

Almost a year later, I think I better defined the Jesus I was seeking (is that really Him though, or am I pushing him into my box?), but it's still not clear. I also have not found a community which shares that lens. Sometimes I'm jealous of the happy-clappy-fundamentalist-bible-cheering-crowd. Seriously. They have support in numbers. If you think about it, there is no shortage of people to claim the republicans divinity, abortion is the biggest threat to Christianity, and that all non-Christians are damned. Unfortunately, I don't fit into that mass, so I'm back to square one.

I found that if you start questioning that Jesus had to die. Or if Jesus was even divine, and suddenly you're alone in a crowd.

Jesus is out there. I could tell you 2 experiences of how I know, but short of coming out a Minister's mouth, you'd probably think I was crazy. Lord knows I wonder some days myself.

I thought I would have found my Jesus by now. He's not where I've been looking, so as Einstein might suggest... in order to prevent insanity, it's time to stop looking where I've been and try somewhere new.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep looking. Sometimes looking, though, requires standing still and letting Jesus come to you. Chasing is not always the best way to catch him.

Don't fear speaking what you know and have experienced. Ministers are not - by a long stretch - the only ones who can testify to God's presence in the world and their lives.

Jen said...

I feel like by being in the almost same spot, I have been standing still.... but maybe it's just me running in circles? ;)