Thursday, February 12, 2009

Am I a Young Adult? Or Just an Adult now?

I need to check out the qualifications for those "young adult" activities I don't attend. What if I'm no longer a Young Adult? What if I'm just an Adult? I don't feel like one of the old ones. Is being a parent an automatic disqualification from this church group? LOL. Since I didn't go to the young adult activities, will I still not attend the adult activities? Why did I not feel old before I starting wonder if I'm too old for the Young Adult group anymore?

2 comments:

gavin richardson said...

the general agencies & i suspect the methodist discipline characterize young adult as under 30.. it was a tragic moment when i was at a jurisdiction event (thinking i was there as a young adult) to only be corrected and told i was, in fact, an "adult."

in the hispanic church if you get married at whatever age that pretty much makes you an adult. if you never get married i suppose you can continue to be young..

the rest of the world is like 36 adult age.. i like that.

scary though, the new age of independence for teenagers & young adults these days is 26.. makes me not want to start having kids.

Jen said...

Gavin, it was a tragic moment when I realized the the "young" kids don't view me as young as I feel. I think that moment was worse than turning 29 (which was infinitely more tragic for me than turning 30). haha.